Learning and Growing Together

History of the School

Thundridge Primary School was built in 1900, superseding one opposite the church which was then used as a reading-room. The infants' school near the church was opened in 1894, taking the place of one which stood in front of the present house. The situation of the hamlet on the main road to Cambridge brought much traffic through it when travelling was by coach. At the beginning of the 19th century more than 100 horses were often stabled at the Feathers Inn on the other side of the bridge. The turnpike at Wadesmill was one of the first three put up in the county.

 

To be continued.....

 

 

 

 

Our assembly room in the war
Our assembly room in the war
Our assembly room now
Our assembly room now